Senior Strategy Manager
Advertiser: SEEK4.3779 out of 54.4 overall rating (262 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
Based in Melbourne and reporting to one of the Heads of Strategy, this is a pivotal role which will support SEEK’s AP&A (employment marketplace) business in defining and executing towards its long term vision and growth ambitions.
Day-to-day the role entails:
- Leading a Strategic Centre of Gravity and all strategic work within this area – becoming the ‘go-to’ person on this topic for senior leadership and the broader organisation
- Coaching more junior strategists and guiding their professional growth
- Developing and applying analytic frameworks and principles to investigate business issues, identify solutions and manage the implementation of agreed actions
- Creating situational awareness – strategic metrics, key results, competitive analysis, strategic intelligence
- Communicating complex issues with simplicity and impact to all levels of the organisation, including senior leadership
- Materially contributing to our shared understanding of our business, the wider industry landscape and trends, and how to play in this environment
- Collaborating with Product and Commercial teams to solve critical information problems and define future product or commercial solutions
SEEK’s portfolio of diverse businesses make a positive impact on a truly global scale. Our unified purpose helps people live more fulfilling and productive working lives and helps organisations succeed. We create world-class technology solutions to connect more people to relevant employment, education, small business and volunteer opportunities.
We have a culture of high-performance in our workplaces and celebrate the diversity of our employees who contribute to the success of our organisation.
At SEEK we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done.
You will work alongside a group of hard-working, fun and caring people who will support you to have a successful and fulfilling career at SEEK.
Our dedication to fostering a work environment where people feel like they're making a difference every single day has helped us maintain a consistently high ranking in the annual Hewitt Best Employer Award. In other words, people like to come here – and we're proud of that!
So, what are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in strategy-related roles, with part of that time spent in a top tier management consulting firm
- Highly developed conceptual reasoning capabilities, analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to break down and frame strategic problems
- Passion for creative growth strategy and excellent business insight
- Intellectually curious with a passion for solving human and economic interactions and ‘making sense’ of the world
- Ownership and drive - delivering outcomes with and through cross functional, cross market teams
- Collaborative and empathetic work style with a high degree of humility
The Perks and Benefits
At SEEK we offer:
- Opportunity to transition into the wider business - including Artificial Intelligence Platform Services, Product and Commercial teams
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Flexible leave offerings, including opportunities to purchase additional leave
- Support of flexible working
- Regular brown bag sessions covering a variety of topics
- Empower sessions with industry leading guest speakers
Here at SEEK we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive working environment. Should you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?