Inbound Logistics Lead
Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Oct 2020
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers. To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
We are currently seeking two qualified and experienced Inbound Logistics (IBL) Leads to join our Supply Chain- Inbound Logistics (IBL) team on a full-time fixed term basis.
Reporting to the IBL Supervisor- North, this position will be based at our Rochester site .
This role is responsible for driving efficient fleet utilisation and working with the broader IBL team to manage the scheduling of the Saputo Dairy Australia (SDA) fleet from farm gate to production pick up and for interbranch movements and the execution, monitoring and controlling of data.
- Schedule and coordinate on farm collections, utilizing the SDA fleet for SDA, third-party vendors and interbranch movements of milk and milk related products for SDA fleet where it makes sense to do so.
- Coordinate and disseminate run sheets and other required material for drivers to complete pick up routes daily.
- Enter all farm related data as required for the purpose of scheduling pick up, including performing bulk milk reconciliation and ensure all data required for governance of systems is forwarded to Shared Services and Supplier Services for execution in a timely manner.
- Manage MT Data reports, Daily Operations Record and employee paperwork relating to leave requests and payroll queries, allocate tankers and drivers for upcoming shifts, ensure that drivers rostered on, arrive for work fit for duty and tankers are available as planned.
- Communicate any operational details or issues to the relevant stakeholders both internally and externally. Including, but not limited to performing thorough shift handovers, driver briefings and with suppliers.
- Ensuring that all SDA IBL business is conducted in a safe and efficient manner and that full regulatory compliance is maintained at all levels
- Logistics/Supply Chain Management or other related field highly regarded
- Logistics scheduling or driving would be highly regarded
- Understanding of milk collection, off farm to plant
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry regulations around CoR, Fatigue, Mass management and HACCP
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
In addition to the above, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Full time fixed term position
- Competitive Salary Package
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Discount on company branded products
Applications close Friday, 23rd October 2020
Saputo Dairy Australia is an equal opportunity employer
As we receive a high level of interest in our opportunities, only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- What's your expected annual base salary?