Advertiser: Stretch-A-Family IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Stretch-A-Family (SAF) is an accredited not-for-profit organisation based in Sydney, NSW. SAF has been providing Out-of-Home Care for young people since 1977. We are an accredited Out-of-Home Care organisation providing foster care under the framework of the Permanency Support Program. We are a leading provider in the delivery of programs and services with a strong therapeutic base and are held in high regard in the sector.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Caseworker is responsible for coordinating and delivering effective, therapeutic, and individually tailored casework to children and young people in the Permanency Support Program. They aid and provide counselling to at-risk clients and meet on a regular basis to assess how they are managing their circumstances.
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated and resilient person to join our passionate team.
To succeed in the role, you will be degree qualified and have relevant casework experience along with strong report writing, assessment, analytical skills, and the ability to collaborate with team members.
- Preferred minimum qualifications are a Bachelor of Social Work, Social Welfare, Bachelor of Psychology, Nursing or Mental Health.
- The ability to deliver quality care in line with therapeutic principles.
- Significant casework experience with children, young people and their families and experience working with foster carers.
- Highly developed MS Office skills.
- Highly developed report writing, assessment and analytical skills.
- An understanding of children, young people, and their impact of their abuse upon their overall development and the ability to empathise, build appropriate professional relationships and engage with them.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound knowledge of issues surrounding Child Protection and Out of Home Care including knowledge of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998, corresponding Regulations and Out of Home Care Standards.
- Experience liaising and consulting with community agencies and other professionals.
- Own reliable and comprehensively insured motor vehicle and current NSW Driver License.
OUR BENEFITS & CULTURE:
Stretch-A-Family recognises the value of diversity in our workplace and acknowledges the contributions that people of diverse backgrounds bring to the organisation. You will be welcomed into a close-knit team and will have access to:
- Generous salary packaging options and a motor vehicle allowance
- A family friendly workplace including work from home options
- Flexible working hours
- Ongoing training and development
- An Employee Assistance Program
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this rewarding career opportunity please send a covering letter explaining your interest in this role and our organisation, and your CV, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the “Apply Now” button.
Successful candidates are required to complete pre-employment screening including a criminal background and Working with Children Check.