Security Control Room Operator
Advertiser: Rechenberg Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Oct 2020
- Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett
- $29.11 base casual rate
- Work Type
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Call Centre
Control Room Operator
From our 24/7 Control Room, Rechenberg monitor alarms Australia wide and internationally.
Due to continued growth we are looking for someone to join our team as a casual Control Room Operator in our Bundaberg office.
The role will provide regular hours per week with additional hours to cover sick leave and annual leave of other operator’s, some of which may be required at short notice.
No previous experience is required, although if you have previous alarm monitoring experience or currently hold a Queensland Monitoring Security Licence this will be advantageous.
This role would be ideal for someone who has a proven ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team, is an analytical thinker who has great problem solving skills, high attention to detail with good use of initiative, excellent communication and customer relations skills, a hunger to learn, thrives on feedback, ability to deal with pressure, strong all round administration skills and computer literacy in Microsoft applications.
Responsibilities of this role are:
- Action alarms received into our alarm monitoring automation software
- Making outbound and receiving inbound phone calls
- Dispatch security patrol and emergency services
- Data entry
- Basic technical support to end users
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts on a 3 days on, 3 days off if required
- Must be able obtain and maintain a Queensland Monitoring Security Licence
Skills and experience
- Dedicated to deliver a consistently high level of customer service
- Be able to prioritise and with good time management skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Able to type over 32 words per minute
- Able to communicate verbally and written to an extremely high standard
- Technically savvy
- Up for the challenge of a fast paced and changing industry
Applications that include an attached Covering Letter addressed to: "The Managing Director" with covering letters that specifically respond to the advertised position will be considered above any "generic" covering letters received from candidates.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you worked in a call centre before?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)