Civil Design Engineer
Advertiser: Martens & Associates Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Oct 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
Martens & Associates is seeking a graduate to intermediate level Civil Design Engineer to join our civil engineering group based in Hornsby, NSW.
Martens is a well-established multidisciplinary professional engineering consulting firm that provides a full range of civil, geotechnical and environmental engineering and town planning services and whose business is built on the quality of its staff. We believe that the skills, capability and enthusiasm of our people give us our competitive advantage.
We are seeking candidates that take pride in their work, have a positive attitude, are punctual, reliable, hardworking and able to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
It is essential for the applicants to have:
- Civil Engineering degree recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Proactive, motivated, team player, organised and eager to learn qualities.
- Ability to think critically, follow a system and have sharp eyes for detail.
- Sound understanding of civil engineering principles (hydrology, hydraulics, traffic, road design, etc.).
- Ability to work in a civil design team within a culturally diverse multi-disciplinary office.
- Permanent full-time Australian work rights (no temporary visa holders).
Experience and qualities which will be considered favourable include:
- Previous experience in multi-disciplinary consultancy, especially in land development and subdivision projects, preferably in Australia.
- Civil design and modelling software packages (12d Model, Civil 3d, etc.).
- Hydraulic, hydrological and water quality models (12d Model's DNE, DRAINS, MUSIC, TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, RAFTS, etc.).
- GIS software packages (QGIS, ArcGIS, etc.).
- CAD software packages (AutoCAD, BricsCAD, etc.).
- NSW full driver licence.
The role involves working from our Hornsby office on projects with a wide range of civil engineering works including:
- Flood assessments, remediation, and management plans.
- Property and development drainage assessment.
- Development of site water quality, quantity, and drainage solutions.
- Civil engineering design of earthworks, roads, regrading, etc.
Salary is negotiable on the basis of experience. We encourage direct applications (not via recruiters).
This role presents an excellent opportunity to build on an existing career and may be suitable for a willing and enthusiastic new or recent graduate wanting to build their experience in a range of civil engineering fields in a busy engineering practice.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply by submitting your resume, including relevant transcripts of attained qualifications and contactable work referees, with a cover letter via this advertisement or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference [CivilDesEng201012] and your full name in the email subject.
Soroush Ziaee / Andrew Norris
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in civil engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?