Graduate Position - Practical Legal Training (PLT) Placement
Advertiser: Rose Litigation LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Oct 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Law Clerks & Paralegals
We are an innovative specialist law firm with offices on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane and practice exclusively in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Insolvency and Building & Construction. We are a firm that achieves the best results for our clients and provide certainty for them by excellent service in those areas.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic law graduate to complete their Practical Legal Training (PLT) placement in our Brisbane office. There will be the potential for a full-time position to be offered at the completion of the placement.
The candidate will:
- Have a genuine interest in commercial litigation, insolvency and building & construction;
- Be an enthusiastic self-starter;
- Be willing to learn the processes relating to litigation and Court work;
- Have the ability to proactively work through the assigned tasks;
- Have exceptional communication skills;
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player; and
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be exposed to the following as part of their training:
- Attending client meetings and obtaining instructions;
- Attending Court with solicitors & barristers;
- Assisting in preparing pleadings and Court documents to be filed with Court;
- Attending mediations and settlement conferences;
- Preparing correspondence; and
- Preparing briefs to counsel and liaising with experienced litigation barristers.
The role presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to begin their legal career as a commercial litigator.
For further information in respect of our firm, please see our website: www.roselitigation.com.au.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and academic records to firstname.lastname@example.org