Assistant Head of School/Teacher Yrs 9 & 10 (1.0 FTE)
Advertiser: Indie SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Devonport & North West
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
The Assistant Head of School and Years 9 & 10 Teacher is:
- to ensure achievement of the Indie School Devonport Strategic and Business Plans, annual budget;
- to meet all regulatory and legislative compliance as required by the Commonwealth and Tasmanian State Governments; and to
- to meet or exceed in the educational achievements and care of Indie School students.
Key duties of the Assistant Head of School/Teacher may include but are not limited to:
- identify and coordinate relevant school secondary education and related vocational education and training to meet the needs and aspirations of the target group students;
- provide relevant assistance to young people in their transition from Post-compulsory Indie Schooling to employment, further education or training;
- assist the operations of the Devonport Indie School and surrounding areas, including relevant curriculum, delivery and reporting requirements;
- stand in as Acting Head of School for short periods of absence;
- develop and maintain appropriate administrative systems that meet internal and external reporting requirements;
- assist in the lead development of new curriculum for continuous subject/coursework student interest and relevance;
- leading, managing, supporting and giving direction to Indie School teachers, welfare and administration staff;
- maintaining school registration, compliance reporting and operate within school budget.
To begin the application process, click "Apply for this job" and attach your resume and cover letter, addressing your experience against the key responsibliities.
For further information about this role, please email Nic Page (Head of School) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?