General Manager, Operations and NDIS Lead
Advertiser: Wallara Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
About the role
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a full time General Manager, Operations and NDIS Lead to join the Wallara team!
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, this is a key role within the organisation. We are seeking an experienced leader with strong, contemporary knowledge of the NDIS environment and proven success at leading an organisation through that journey. You’ll need to have demonstrated experience in leading organisational culture and change management, as well as a comprehensive understanding of quality and compliance within the disability sector.
If you’re a highly motivated, strategic, innovative and proactive leader looking for your next challenge, we want to hear from you!
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role leading operations functions
- Extensive experience and demonstrated knowledge within the disability sector
- Experience in leading organisational culture and change management
- Strong understanding of quality and compliance within the disability sector
- Possession of high level strategic planning and decision making skills
- Exemplary communication skills; ability to communicate and influence across all levels of the organisation and build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable effective and appropriate interaction at all levels within the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Strong financial and budgeting experience and skills
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of WHS, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers licence
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
Wallara Australia is a unique non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. Every day we provide creative services for Australia's largest minority group – people with disabilities. We coach them to grow as individuals, to work productively, to explore their communities and to live the way they choose.
Why a career with Wallara? Because when you join Wallara, you’ll join a movement! We’re driving social change for people with different abilities and we’re having a good time doing it! We’re passionate, professional, and purposeful about our mission. We also value innovation, collaboration and celebration. It’s just the way we roll! So if you believe the future is inclusive, you’ll feel right at home with us.
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role please apply through SEEK by COB 27 October 2020. Please note, applications must include a resume and cover letter and only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered.
For more information, please contact Naomi email@example.com
Catch us on WallaraTV and Facebook!
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?