Sub Editor & Digital Producer - taste.com.au
Advertiser: News Corp3.1067 out of 53.1 overall rating (253 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
One of Australia's most exciting and loved magazines, taste.com.au, is looking for a Sub editor & digital producer.
A hallmark of this award-winning team is the energetic and supportive environment, which is friendly, fun, hard-working, cooperative and collaborative. This is your chance to be part of this multi-platform powerhouse brand that also spans the website, books, social media channels and video.
This is a 12-month maternity leave cover contract and is the perfect opportunity for you to grow and develop your subbing and digital producing skill sets. If you’re interested in food and cooking – and have subbing experience meeting monthly magazine deadlines in a busy environment – we’d love to meet you.
What’s the role?
This role involves a range of core responsibilities and tasks that revolve around weekly and monthly print and digital deadlines. You’ll work alongside the Chief sub editor to ensure all content is accurate, consistent with brand, tone and style and of the highest standard. You’ll be writing snappy copy, headlines, captions and ensuring the magazine layouts are error-free.
You will also be working with the digital team to upload content, write articles, and promote the magazine across our social media channels. We are looking for someone who will enjoy looking for opportunities to constantly improve what we offer taste.com.au readers in a fast-paced environment.
Who you are
As the sub editor & digital producer you will have:
- A minimum of two years subbing experience on a food brand
- An exceptional eye for detail, style, accuracy and consistency
- Top-notch writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Content Station, Wordpress and social media channels
- A love for food and cooking
- An impressive ability to manage and work to multiple production deadlines
What’s in it for you?
This full time, 12 month maternity leave contract is based in our Surry Hills office in Sydney. We offer:
- Collaborative environment
- Opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
Who are we?
News Corp Australia is evolving in response to the expectations and challenges of the digital world in which we now live. We have an amazing opportunity to reinvent our industry and redefine the future of media in Australia. We are passionate about what we do and proud of our heritage of world-class journalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Our environment is supportive and friendly, we encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. If you thrive on being challenged and enjoy working in a fast-paced stimulating environment, come and join us on this incredible journey.
For more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit: www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.