Advertiser: Centenary Institute3.125 out of 53.1 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Clinical/Medical Research
CENTENARY INSTITUTE is a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney.
Centenary Institute invites applications from motivated individuals to join our Vascular Biology Laboratory as a Research Assistant.
This position will play a key role in understanding the molecular and biological functions of the endothelial cell during thrombosis. The successful applicant will be tasked with completing the experiments required for this study.
The successful candidate will:
- have a BSc with Honours in biomedical science or equivalent
- be highly motivated and capable of independent work
- have a strong team focus
- possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people and within established collaborative teams
- have knowledge of a research/laboratory environment and requirements
- be computer literate in standard/specific research software
- be able to maintain thorough laboratory records
- have the ability to work independently
- have cell culture experience
- have animal handling/experimental experience
- have molecular biology experimental experience
CENTENARY offers attractive superannuation and salary packaging to staff. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Contact for the role: please contact Dr Paul Coleman: email@example.com
To apply for the role: please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing the essential skills,
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including academic transcript, and
- Full contact details of at least two recent professional referees.
Closing date: 6 November 2020
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine And Cell Biology is a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney located at Camperdown.
For more information about Centenary please visit our website www.centenary.org.au
The Centenary Institute supports Equal Employment Opportunity. We value diversity and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, LGBTIQ individuals and applicants of diverse cultures and ages.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.