Advertiser: Wallara Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Support Coordinator to join our team in a full time capacity.
Your responsibilities will include delivering on projects and operational tasks in the areas of:
- Understanding and interpreting NDIS legislation and funding including the NDIS price guide & the NDIS Outcomes Framework
- Supporting participants to understand supports in their plan and utilise networks and resources to identify, link and coordinate supports for participants including community, informal and funded supports
- Empower participants to activate their NDIS plans and ensuring outcomes are met through their allocated support coordination hours
If you are proactive, creative, an innovative thinker and up for a new challenge to sink your teeth into, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in Support Coordination
- A strong understanding of the NDIS and disability sector
- Experience in supporting participants to secure accommodation (SIL/SDA or private rental) will be highly regarded
- A passion for supporting people with disabilities to achieve the best they can – bring your special talents to their experience!
- Excellent communication skills; ability to prevent and resolve issues and to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources – be creative!
- Effective written communication skills and computer literacy in order to complete appropriate documentation
- Resourceful and innovative approach to creating opportunities for those we support – make social change happen
- Experience in delivering on individualised plans
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to think laterally
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of WHS, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers licence and have regular access to a car
- Certificate in First Aid Level 2 + CPR
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Disability Support, Community Services, Individual Support or equivalent qualification and/or support coordination is preferred.
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
Wallara Australia is a unique non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. Every day we provide creative services for Australia's largest minority group – people with disabilities. We coach them to grow as individuals, to work productively, to explore their communities and to live the way they choose.
Why a career with Wallara? Because when you join Wallara, you’ll join a movement! We’re driving social change for people with different abilities and we’re having a good time doing it! We’re passionate, professional, and purposeful about our mission. We also value innovation, collaboration and celebration. It’s just the way we roll! So if you believe the future is inclusive, you’ll feel right at home with us.
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role please apply through Seek by EOD 1 November 2020. Applications must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. For any queries, please contact Naomi on 9792 2985 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please note only applications that meet the criteria will be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support coordinator?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have customer service experience?