Early Childhood Inclusion Professional
Advertiser: Early Childhood Australia NT BranchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Alice Springs & Central Australia
- $80,000 - $84,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Early Childhood Australia, NT Branch is the Northern Territory Inclusion Agency (NT-IA), The NT-IA receives Australian Government funding to operate across the Northern Territory as part of the Inclusion Support Programme (ISP).
As an Inclusion Professional you will have the opportunity to live and work in Central Australia where the landscape is amazing, the sun shines 9 months of the year and is perfect for exploring the great outdoor lifestyle. Although based in Alice Springs travel to remote communities to support indigenous early childhood programs is the focus of the position.
Early Childhood Australia, NT Branch offers a commitment to continuous training and development, flexible work hours, great workplace culture and strengths based environment.
If you have a 'can do' attitude, love a challenge and have a confident and approachable personality, as well as an interest in best and next best practice in early childhood education and care, this is an excellent opportunity develop and showcase your skills.
As a member of the Early Childhood Australia NT Branch, Inclusion Agency team you will:
- work directly with services and stakeholders to deliver inclusion support to ECEC services, educators and parents
- work to promote an understand of inclusion, which focuses on all children being seen as capable and contributing in their environment
- work closely with other NT-IA Inclusion Professionals team members to deliver support to the ECEC sector which is flexible and responsive to needs and in accordance with ISP Guidelines.
To be considered for the position you will have
- tertiary qualifications in education (early/middle childhood) with relevant sector experience
- demonstrated experience and knowledge of in inclusive practice in relation to all children
- experience and competence in working in across cultural and Indigenous community contexts
- effective oral and written communication skills
- ability to facilitate change through the use of reflective practice and a strength based approach
- high level competence in the use of information technology including data bases
- current driver's license and use of a comprehensively insured, registered motor vehicle
- ability to travel, including to remote communities by 4WD vehicle or light aircraft and stay overnight
- current NT working with children approval, NT criminal history check, Senior First Aid
How to Apply
Applications must include a cover letter (Max 2 pages) that addresses the Selection Criteria; include a Resume and the contact details of three referees.
All applications will be reviewed on receipt. Only suitable candidates will be considered and they will be contacted if shortlisted.
ECA-NT is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the National Quality Framework?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Have you completed a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care?