Advertiser: GFG Alliance3.0351 out of 53.0 overall rating (57 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Competitive package and up to 14% Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Process Engineering
At InfraBuild we are inspired by visions of what might be possible, of making our world a stronger, safer, more sustainable and connected place to live. We are inspired to challenge the notion of what is possible, from building the cities that we live in to the infrastructure that powers them. We're there to collaborate and help make possibilities happen. This is how ideas take shape and innovations become reality.
InfraBuild Steel operates world-class state-of-the-art Steelmaking facilities in Sydney, Newcastle & Melbourne. Operating two electric arc furnaces and four rod and bar rolling mills we use local materials to produce high quality steel products, while building on our proud traditions of technical excellence and team safety.About the role
Join the manufacturing team, managing process improvement for the Caster operations, at the Rooty Hill Steel Mill. You will plan and lead quality and process improvement projects for the Casting process, collaborating with other Process Engineers, operations and leadership teams. Using structured problem-solving techniques to ensure production processes are of meeting customer specifications.
- CI projects including for reliability, cost and alternative materials projects
- Support the development of new steel grades and monitor efficiency of alloy usage against product targets
- Be the gatekeeper for the quality management system; investigations, RCA and corrective actions.
- We will train you to become NATA accredited
- Analysis and reporting on KPI’s in Microsoft Excel
- Tertiary qualifications in Materials or Chemical Engineering
- Heavy manufacturing, laboratory or steel manufacturing experience
- Quality improvement projects, complaints, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Proven continuous improvement project experience
- Green Belt qualifications ideal
- Ability to influence and coach people to achieve desired change
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.