Working Site Foreman
Advertiser: Hatch Constructions GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Foreperson/Supervisors
Job Role: Working Foreman
We are currently looking for a Working Site Forman for immediate start to join Hatch Constructions Group.
Hatch is a growing boutique construction company specialising in the Sydney basin area. Our business prides itself on exceptional service and quality in the residential sector with focus on renovations and new builds up to $4million.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Have a fundamental understanding of the construction process based on extensive experience
- Possess leadership skills that help you direct the work of others and make quick decisions
- Possess values that align with the Hatch way of working, including client-centric thinking and taking pride in your work (output and on-time job delivery).
- Manage & organise sub-contractors and ensure all works being carried out are to the highest quality & safety standards
- Provide the Project Manager with updates in regard to progress on site
- Manage and solve problems as they arise
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans including producing schedules and allocating general resources and responsibilities
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Oversee the development of carpentry apprentices
- Attend site meetings as needed
- Bringing together our extensive network of trades to ensure the job is completed on time with no defects
- Oversee on site safety requirements
- Responsibility for a pro-active approach toward any cost saving ideas / procedures / policies in the building process
- Ensure timely and competitive costs for all ordering of materials required in the installation process
- Display excellent communications skills
Key Skillsets and experience
- 3 years' experience as a working foreman/ Leading Hand Carpenter role in the residential sector
- Problem-solving abilities
- Aptitude in math
- In-depth abilities in:
- Reading and interpreting detailed Architectural, Interior Design, Structural & Hydraulic design documentation along with Development Application documentation
- Set out for all components of work (Site establishment, Ground works, Concrete, Brickwork, Carpentry, Roofing, Joinery, Plumbing, Electrical etc.)
- Expert all facets of Detailed Carpentry and General Carpentry
- Able to Understand and Co-ordinate the sequence of construction for residential homes and meet deadlines including following construction programs
- Competent in using computers and experience in using a cloud-based Job Management System (Experience in Buildertrend preferred)
- Valid NSW Carpentry Licence
- Valid NSW Drivers Licence & OH&S White Card
- Must have all tools required for the role
- Must have vehicle for transport from site to site
This is an exciting long-term role within our company which, we are proud to say, genuinely values its team and are committed to the ongoing growth of our employees.
If this opportunity is for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter outlining clearly why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a foreperson?
- Do you have professional carpentry experience?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?