Development Manager - Commercial & Mixed Use
Advertiser: Mulpha Australia0 out of 50.0 overall rating (0 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Real Estate & Property, Retail & Property Development
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Project Director, the Development Manager will develop and manage current and new projects through to completion, working closely with the wider Development team.
Key responsibilities include:
- End to end development management from concepts to completion, including: site assessment, feasibility studies and draft submissions, negotiating and coordinating external contracts, ongoing design review and improvement, and working with Marketing & Sales to develop the product and revenue.
- Assisting with new business acquisition opportunities identified and pursued in line with investment criteria.
- Ensuring a high standard for internal and external design outcomes, backed by a strong understanding of project markets and effective marketing that suits the product offering.
- Producing monthly project reports and assisting with annual budgets and cashflow forecasts.
This role is based in the Mulpha Head Office in Circular Quay with regular travel to Sydney development sites required.
This role is suitable for candidates with the following background:
- 10 years’ experience within the development industry, anchored in Commercial & Mixed Use Development
- Tertiary qualified in Land Economics, Engineering, Planning or similar
- High level computer skills, including proprietary feasibility system knowledge
- Strong understanding of markets, i.e. rent, incentives, outgoings, yields, supply & demand
- Ability to identify industry innovation and identify opportunities for current or future projects
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Strong conceptual thinking, decisiveness, and results orientation
- Strong team player attitude
ABOUT MULPHA NORWEST
Mulpha Norwest owns and develops one of Australia's largest and most successful fully integrated residential and business park projects. The 377 hectare world-class Norwest Business Park, located in the north-west sector of Sydney, proudly boasts its growth evolution into the suburb of Norwest and ultimately into the Norwest City of tomorrow.
Mulpha Norwest is part of the wider Mulpha Group, one of Australia's most experienced real estate and hospitality investors, with highly specialised operational management and development capability. The Group has an extensive portfolio of real estate, property development, hospitality, education, private equity and debt assets, and invests in some of the fastest-growing and most vibrant economies including Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Malaysia.
At Mulpha, we are committed to continually unlocking potential in our ventures. For that reason, we recognise that people are essential in delivering the future success of the Mulpha Group and are committed to building a high performance culture. High performance within the Mulpha Group is characterised by: a learning and growing environment; a high achievement orientation; a sharing environment – information, resources, ideas and goodwill; commitment to be the best we can be; humility, fairness and openness in how we go about our work.
To learn more, please visit www.norwestcity.com.au and www.mulpha.com.au
If you believe this position matches your skills and experience, please apply online today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close Thursday, 27 October at 2pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a development manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?