Part Time Sports Coach
Advertiser: Central Coast Sports CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Gosford & Central Coast
- $25,000 - $39,999
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Due to increased demands in our sporting and educational programs we are seeking up to three permanent-part time Sports Coach for 2021 (up to 20 hours per week).
Central Coast Sports College offers a full-time sports program where all of our students are part of a sports development program that is incorporated into their full primary and secondary education.
The role functions
- Facilitate and lead sport sessions in a variety of disciplines for primary and secondary school aged students under the direction of our Head of Sport.
- Provide general assistance of a supportive nature to teachers, as directed
- Assist with clerical duties as required (documenting students progress, interactions with parents etc)
- Assist teachers with the care of students on school excursions, sports days and other classroom activities as well as general supervision
Qualifications and experience
- Industry level coaching qualification to deliver grassroots general sports
- Not required although would be an advantage - Certificate 3 in Education Support (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience in the school environment
- First Aid qualification
- Approved working with children check.
- Good level of IT competency.
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong work ethic
- An understanding of the needs of active students
- An ability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the school
- A team player with creativity, drive and initiative
All potential candidates will need to complete some online assessments prior to interview. To complete these assessments please open the follow link in your browser to complete. Please note this will take up to an hour to complete:
Candidates who have recently been on JobSeeker payment, Youth Allowance or parenting payments at encouraged to apply.
To apply please send a covering letter, 2 references and resume detailing how you are a great candidate for this position.
If you feel you are suitable please apply asap as the job advertisement will close when the appropriate candidate has been found.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?