Heavy Diesel Mechanics (Emerald)
Advertiser: Emerald CoachesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- $95,000 - $119,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
About the business and the role
Emerald Coaches provides passenger transport services to the school, mining and charter markets throughout the greater Emerald area, the Bowen Basin, Mackay and regional Queensland.
Our diverse fleet of buses range in size from 12 to 61 seats and our geographic coverage enables us to effectively service Queensland's energy and resource rich regions.
We are seeking experienced trade qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanics to join our restructured Workshop team in Emerald.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the position is Monday to Friday with a rotational weekend on call roster.
Pay rates will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Perform mechanical/electrical repairs on buses, trailers, light vehicles and to include major overhauls as directed.
- Make emergency service calls for stranded buses
- Record all service work done for vehicle history records;
- Carry out general workshop duties as directed;
- Report needs for additional service or repairs to vehicles that has been detected during routine inspections;
- Ensure all tools and equipment that are used are safe;
- Observe and maintain a high level of safety at all times;
- Report non conformance and assist in resolution;
- Assist with or carry out in-process and final inspection as needed;
- Comply with all company procedures including OH&S procedures;
- Ensure the workshop is maintained in a clean and safe state;
- Mobile break down and after hours roster.
Skills and experience
- Cert III in Heavy Diesel Mechanic qualification required;
- Diagnostic / fault finding skills;
- Experience on the repair and maintenance of heavy vehicles;
- HR Driver Licence;
- Ability to work under pressure, to agreed time frames;
- High level of workshop safety knowledge;
- Auto Electrical / Air Conditioning skills an advantage.
Job benefits and perks
- Full time employment (super, annual leave, sick leave);
- Long term career opportunities and progression;
- Salary package with a competitive rate dependent on skill and experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as an automotive mechanic?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.