Advertiser: ACES IncorporatedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Access Community Education Services (ACES)
Applications are invited for the role of CEO, ACES Incorporated / Obtain Ability Incorporated
ACES is a not-for-profit, community-based disability service provider located on the Mid North Coast of NSW enabling people with a disability to participate in all aspects of life through innovative, flexible, individual support.
The CEO position will be based at the ACES administration office located in Port Macquarie.
Our key function is to provide resources and support services for people with a disability.
The ACES family has a proud history of quality care, respect and consideration. We work together to build strong community ties and to remove the barriers that prevent people from achieving their goals and having a “good life”.
Resources include professional staff, knowledge, encouragement, venues, transport, specialised equipment, and connections within the wider community.
The CEO will:
- Show a high level of strategic thinking and convert that thinking into action.
- Communicate in a way that secures the enthusiastic engagement of all ACES’s stakeholders.
- Advance and promote ACES, develop and pursue business objectives and opportunities in consultation with ACES’s Management Committee.
- Act as the principal steward of the organisation's resources and foster a high-performing team of professionals, staff and volunteers.
- Manage ACES as an inclusive and customer focused business.
ACES will consider flexible working arrangements to allow for your lifestyle circumstances. Working hours, such as a four day week, can be negotiated.
An attractive salary package will be commensurate with the size and NFP status of the organisation as well as the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Having a sustainable service that provides people, places and things that people with a disability can use to get the life they want.
Everyone makes a difference
Choice, acceptance, inclusion and community engagement for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced and forward-thinking leader to oversee our strategic plan.
This is a great opportunity for someone with strong business acumen, who is passionate and committed to providing person centred, quality care. This position will also provide the opportunity to be innovative in rethinking care and community involvement and to develop best practice.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- leading, developing and empowering the care team to deliver the highest quality of care to our participants and foster partnerships with their families and representatives
- building and retaining a team of flexible, skilled and committed staff and promoting participation in management systems consistent with ACES vision and values
- planning and implementing strategic initiatives to enhance client outcomes and satisfaction
- ensuring the responsible use and allocation of resources
As a preferred candidate you will hold:
- tertiary qualifications in social science disciplines and/or master of management including finance and business economics
- experience in a senior management role within either the disability, community or aged care sectors
- extensive knowledge of and experience with compliance processes
- sound understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as current issues impacting on the disability sector
A complete job description will be provided on request.
If you believe you meet the criteria and can demonstrate a genuine interest in the position, please direct all enquiries and applications to:
Phone 0458 793305
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working in the disability services sector?