CHSP Support Workers x 2
Advertiser: Accessible Diversity Services Initiative LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Accessible Diversity Services Initiative Limited (ADSI) is a community based, non-profit organisation established to promote the principles of multiculturalism, access, equity and social justice. It is committed for developing strategies which address the needs of all Australians, especially special needs groups such as refugees, women, youth, children, families, the elderly, the unemployed, the homeless and people with a disability.For more information, please visit www.adsi.org.au
Qualifications & experience
- Certificate IV or above in Aged Care, Individual Support or equivalent with min 1-year paid experience
- Understanding of service delivery principles to the elderly, especially those from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Proven skills to deliver one-on-one and/or group-based support to the elderly for self-independence
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and access to a smartphone
- Understanding of Work Health & Safety (WHS) and legislative and operational requirements
- Punctual, courteous and capability to delivery services and provide support logs independently
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW Working with Children Check (Paid Worker) Clearance
- Current National Police Check (Paid Worker) Clearance
- Ability to speak a community language highly regarded, such as Mandarin/Cantonese, or Turkish
Tasks & responsibilities
- Deliver one-on-one or group based support to clients as per support plans/schedules
- Provide signed service records and other supporting documents
- Respond appropriately to any identified issue, especially those health and safety related and immediately report
- Follow directions from the Management regarding service improvements within the organisation
- Work collaboratively with other staff, government and/or non-government agencies to meet special and/or ad hoc needs of clients
- Remuneration is in accordance with SCHADS Award 2010 Paypoint 2.
- In addition, ADSI provides above award working conditions including 35hpw for full timers and generous salary packaging up to $15,900 pa to increase the value of take-home pay.
- No official close date, please apply ASAP when this opportunity still exists with your CV and a statement addressing Qualifications & Experience above.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in aged care?