Learning Support Officer
Advertiser: St Gabriel's SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
St Gabriel’s School - Edmund Rice Special Education Services (ERSES)
ERSES has two exciting and innovative special schools: St Edmund’s College, Wahroonga (Secondary) and St Gabriel’s School, Castle Hill (Primary and Secondary) for students with a mild to moderate intellectual and or sensory disability. Each school offers small classes, excellent facilities and provides individualised NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA) education programs. The position will appeal to people who are passionate about their teaching, enjoy working collaboratively and who wish to be part of a caring, dynamic and innovative community.
We are seeking applicants for the following position:
2 x Learning Support Officers
Full time permanent positions commencing Term 1, 2021
The successful candidates will actively support the Catholic ethos of our schools in the tradition of Blessed Edmund Rice.
- Experience in working with small groups of primary and or secondary students with disabilities;
- A Senior First Aid Certificate;
- A current WWCC number;
- Strong IT / Computer skills including the use of PCs and iPads;
- A Certificate III in Education Support is highly desirable;
- Able and willing to work as part of a school-wide team of professionals and is open to continued learning;
- Participation in field trips/excursion, co-curricular activities and camps;
- Willingness to drive a 12-seater school bus.
Applicants should hold high expectations for teaching students with special needs and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues.
For further enquiries and a role description, please contact;
Ms. Jacqui Cashmore – Deputy Principal, St Gabriel’s School
Written applications and a curriculum vitae, with three nominated referees, should be forwarded in writing or email by 4.00 p.m. on Wednesday 28th October 2020.
Mr Jon Franzin
St Edmund’s College
P.O. Box 582, Wahroonga 2076