Outback Lodge Housekeeping Coordinator
Advertiser: Eromanga Natural History MuseumMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2020
- Western QLD
- $20 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Housekeeping
ABOUT THE BUSINESS AND THE ROLE
The Eromanga Natural History Museum (ENHM) is an educational and tourism destination committed to discovering, conserving and showcasing dinosaur, megafauna and other fossil and natural history from the Australian Outback. We are a not-for-profit organisation that connects with the public through experiences, education, original research and collections, and displays. The Eromanga Natural History Museum is one of the few outback attractions that can provide both an outstanding attraction, a variety of tours and 4-star equivalent accommodation, all located on the Eromanga Natural History Museum reserve located 3kms outside of Eromanga, South West Queensland.
Our team are passionate and dedicated about providing affordable and unique Outback 4 star accommodation and a high level of customer service. Cooper's Country Lodge (CCL) offers eight king-sized rooms with self-contained guest facilities. CCL operates alongside and compliments the one of a kind experiences and tours offered at one of Outback Australia's leading dinosaur and natural history museums. A key part of the role is ensuring we provide a high level of accommodation and customer service set in the unique setting of the native bushlands on the museum reserve. In-house training is provided to all new employees and how to use the Reservations Manager software programs and other tasks associated with the role.
Eromanga is a small iconic, historic outback town with State School, pool, permanently manned police station, excellent community hall, park and historical museum, an original classic outback Hotel, Motel, Caravan Park and exciting emerging tourism industry. Eromanga is only 1-hour drive on sealed main roads from the regions major centre, Quilpie. Quilpie is serviced twice a week by commercial flights, with daily Qantaslink flights from Charleville (3 hrs drive away).
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating day to day operations at Coopers Country Lodge
- Lodge Housekeeping and cleaning
- Responsible for pre-check-in room inspection
- Maintaining and ordering all consumer and cleaning supplies
- Working in Newbook to take reservations, check-ins and check-outs
- Report maintenance issues and other issues to Lodge Manager
- Responsible for scheduled checks of back-up power supply
- Help with catering and food preparation
- Work with other housekeepers and caters
- Maintain a high level of service, cleanliness and attention to detail
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist the ENHM and CCL catering
- Maintain a Covid-safe workplace and abide by WHS policies and procedures
- Assist with CCL facebook and ensure the high-level of on-line presence is maintained.
- Maintain a clean workplace and surrounds
- Work on-site at all times
- Other tasks as directed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- First aid and CPR certificate
- Blue Card registration for working with children
- Food Handling – Food Safety Level 1
Previous experience in housekeeping or customer service is not essential, enthusiasm, interest and willingness to learn are more important. On the job training will be given. An ideal applicant may have experience in the following:
- Front-line customer service and housekeeping for 4-star accommodation and tourist attraction, educational or not-for-profit organization
- Electronic point-of-sale and cash handling experience.
- Experience with reservation manager software ‘Newbook’
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Well-presented, friendly and polite
- An understanding of what excellent customer service is and able to deliver it
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work both autonomously and within a team
- Manual licence preferred
JOB BENEFITS & PERKS
ACCOMMODATION: Modern, spacious 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, furnished houses are available for rental for ENHM employees in Eromanga. The houses have a large fenced yard and garage/shed. Ideal for sharing. Rental is $150 per week ($75 each for twin share). Full signal 4G Telstra mobile reception. Other accommodation options may also be available on request.
You get to work alongside the newest Australian dinosaur museum, a museum that houses the bones of Australia's largest dinosaur, a new genus and species and also one of the top ten largest in the world!
Unique opportunity to gain experience in delivering a boutique Outback accommodation option, not previously seen in the area.
"An Encouraging Workplace"
"When I heard that there was a position available at the Eromanga Natural History Museum I jumped at the chance, instantly thinking about a new adventure and the experience to work and live in Outback Queensland. Of all the different workplaces and jobs, I've worked at, the ENHM is right at the top of my list by far. The workplace is a fun and a professional place where you are a part of a team which constantly help build you up. While encouraging you to strive for your passions and dreams and it's a place where you get the chance to meet some amazing people from all around Australia."
"I applied for the position of tour guide/receptionist at the Eromanga Natural History Museum because I had a deep interest and fascination in the prehistoric past. Robyn Mackenzie and ENHM helped me gain experience in the tourism industry and museum life. I was also provided with training in relation to fossil preparation in my spare time. I liked the professionalism the most when working at ENHM and found the experience of tour guiding at ENHM life-changing, inspirational and educational. I would recommend ENHM to people interested in Australia's fossil heritage, Tourism and Palaeontology."
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?