Digital Business Advisor
Advertiser: Hunter Region BECMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
The Hub is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation offering business advice, training and business services based at Kurri Kurri and supporting businesses of the Hunter Valley for over 28 years. With the expansion of the Australian Small Business Advisory Service (ASBAS) program which delivers digital solutions to businesses, this is a unique opportunity to be part of our team of award winning business advisors who provide support to small businesses across the Hunter and Central Coast regions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, who is passionate about helping small businesses, is innovative, thinks differently when dealing with our clients and who can work as part of an effective team. You will have strong knowledge of the local business environment and networks in the Hunter and/or Central Coast, experience in small business and skills in mentoring and/or consulting. Additional hours may be available from time to time with other programs.
As a casual Business Advisor working 2-5 days per week depending on demand and budget constraints (average expected to be 2 - 3 days), you will:
- Deliver business advisory services to potential and existing small businesses through face to face meetings, online meetings, group advisory sessions or workshops.
- Assess client needs using diagnostic tools, report outcomes, results and create action plans.
- Conduct regular follow up contact with clients through a range of mediums, provide referrals and respond to client enquiries, including scheduling appointments.
- Attend training, networking functions, events and conferences, out of normal working hours, which will be included in your weekly hours.
- Deliver excellent customer service with every contact.
- Market and promote the service, including social media platforms.
- Respond appropriately to client feedback and ensure that client expectations are met.
- Must be self-driven, creative, resourceful and be able to communicate and empathise with business operators of all levels.
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to work to targets.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (this is minimum)
- Practical experience running a micro/small/medium business
- A minimum 2 years’ experience providing business advice, including digital to small business
- Formal qualification in a business or information technology
- Management, consulting or advisory experience
- Up to date knowledge on finance, marketing & sales
Be able to provide advice on:
- Websites and selling online
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Using Business Software
- Online Security & Data Privacy
- Strategic thinker who can assist with business planning both strategic and operational, as well as business continuity, financial acumen and marketing.
As this service is partly mobile you MUST have a valid Drivers Licence.
You will also be required to source your clients and meet key performance objectives.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter covering selection criteria and your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you are the right person to join our team.
Preferred applicants will be contacted for an initial telephone interview. Only direct applications will be considered (no recruitment agencies).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?