Advertiser: Visy3.1606 out of 53.2 overall rating (218 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
At Visy, our people make us stand out from the crowd. We’re always seeking solutions, opportunities and possibilities. We look for people who see what’s ahead and run towards it. These people are helping us to achieve our vision to become the global leader in sustainable packaging solutions. Together, we can create a better world.
Visy has been operating for over 70 years and has grown to become one of the world's leading privately owned packaging, paper and recycling companies.
Reporting to the State Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with the finance team and support in the completion of accurate and timely monthly management reports. Furthermore, you will assist in balance sheet reconciliation, reviewing the general ledger, assisting in the preparation and completion of the annual budget, full year forecasts and the mid-month estimate and month end close across our Visy Recycling (VR) sites in NSW.
You will be a driven team player with keen attention to detail, helping to problem solve and drive efficiency by minimizing costs where possible.
The key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Accurate and timely completion of the monthly management reports
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes, ensuring data completeness and integrity
- Ensuring all ledgers are compliant with corporate accounting policies and generally accepted accounting standards
- Working closely with VR teams to support key analyses of volume, sales, expense control and other ad hoc reviews, assisting in resolving financial issues
- Complying with OHS&E policies and procedures at all times
What you will bring to the team:
- 2 years experience post graduation
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Current NSW driver’s license and vehicle
- Computer literacy is essential! Advanced Excel, Word and other tools within the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to draw out meaningful information and deliver in a fast paced environment
- High levels of attention to detail and a keen interest in maximising efficiencies
When you join Visy, you’re joining a global leader dedicated to making serious progress in the sustainable packaging and recycling industries. We want to find solutions, make an impact and grow our business. If you can help us, you’ll fit right in. There’s never been a better time to join Visy!
Please contact Mish Ohona on 0499 399 755 for a confidential discussion, or apply now.
You will be required to meet Visy’s employment criteria which will include a criminal history check and pre-employment medical (including drug & alcohol testing).
Visy is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.