Advertiser: Maroomba Airlines2.3333 out of 52.3 overall rating (3 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2020
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Aviation Services
Located at Perth Airport, Maroomba Airlines has been connecting Perth with Regional WA and beyond since 1985. We support a diverse group of valued clients and as one of Perth’s longest established Charter companies enjoy an enviable reputation as an Air Charter Operator.
Reporting directly to the CEO, an opportunity exists for an experienced and professional individual to take up the position of Operations Manager. This person will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of procedures and practices within the organisation; ensuring that the day to day operations are delivered safely, effectively and with a strong customer service focus. The position requires leadership and direction to achieve this outcome.
The position works closely with the CEO to enhance, develop and grow current contracts as well as seeking new business opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a well respected and professional organisation; and part of a close knit and dedicated team that prides itself on achieving the highest standards in providing innovative, safe and professional aviation services whilst striving to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of company operations across all areas of the organisation;
- Management of the Operations/ Administrative Departments and oversight of the Ground teams;
- Manage existing Client requirements and issues as the key point of contact;
- Managing all associated aspects of company aircraft charters including delay management when required
- Define and implement policies and performance standards;
- Monitor all employee compliance and training requirements;
- Monitor flights, schedules and rosters;
- Business development;
- Facilitate performance management and provide coaching and mentoring;
- Produce management performance and reliability reports;
- Managing schedule coordination & other aviation systems within the company; and
- Perform office manager role inclusive of facility management.
The expected days and hours of work for this full time position are on a rotating roster Mon – Fri, 0500 - 1800 spread over 3 daily shift patterns .The Operations Manager will also participate in shared roster to manage the Maroomba Operations after hours phone.
- Previous experience in a similar role in Aircraft Charter Operations or similar industry;
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fluid operational environment;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others;
- Proven ability to communicate and consult with people at all levels;
- High level of experience in customer service;
- Excellent computing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, problem solve and coordinate multiple tasks;
- Experience in identifying and developing business opportunities;
- Experience in managing relationships with clients; and
- A high level of self-motivation and be an organised individual with strong attention to detail.
Please apply using the “Apply for this job” function and attach a cover letter and resume outlining your suitability and experience for the role.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications are received prior.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have in the aviation industry?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?