Protective Service Officer - Entry Recruit
Advertiser: Australian Federal Police3.3438 out of 53.3 overall rating (32 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2020
- $55,600 per annum, plus 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Federal
Kickstart your law enforcement career as a Protective Service Officer (PSO) in the AFP. Opportunities exist in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne and Alice Springs some remote locations such as Geraldton.
PSOs are law enforcement officials who exercise legal powers and are qualified to use force in the course of their protection duties. As a PSO you will undertake four months recruit training at the AFP College and on completion you will:
- provide high visibility protective security services using vehicles, bike and foot patrols
- act as a first responder to pre-empt and minimise security threats
- undertake public order management duties in the Commonwealth interest
To be considered you must complete the applicant registration process and then be invited to complete the AFP entrance exam, fitness assessment, security and organisational health assessment gateways. Visit the AFP Careers Page to view position information, eligibility, the recruitment process, required fitness level and FAQs.
- you must be an Australian Citizen
- hold a valid drivers licence
- a minimum educational attainment of: Year 10 Certificate with a Certificate IV, Diploma or Trade Certificate. University level qualifications (in particular ICT/Cyber Security) are welcomed.
- You can register if under 18 years of age but please note that assessments will not take place until you are over 18.
- An applicant pool will be created for future entry recruit courses commencing in the next 12 months.