- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
We are a rapidly growing FMCG company and brand icon, with our new head office located in the heart of the Hobart CBD. Our company has been going from strength to strength recently. This growth has led to internal promotion and as a result we now have an exciting opportunity for a driven and results focused individual to join our growing team.
In your new role you will be working at the core of the accounting and finance team. We are a fun and friendly team who will be there to support your future growth. This is an opportunity to bring your passion and professionalism to a business that promotes continuous improvement and progressive thinking.
Your new role:
You will be supporting the group statutory and management reporting functions:
- Completion of month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the delivery of timely and accurate monthly reporting
- Assist with maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register
- Oversee A/R & A/P including weekly payment runs
- Process payroll and assist with end of month wage journals
- Preparation and Lodgement of BAS, Payroll Tax, FBT & Superannuation
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist with the implementation of a new ERP system
- Other tasks as required to support the accounting and finance function
What you will need to succeed:
- A degree in Accounting, Business, or an equivalent tertiary education
- CA or CPA qualification, or the desire to obtain
- Exposure to and the use of accounting software, ideally Xero
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Systems savvy with a focus on continual process improvement
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in tax payments, advantageous but not essential
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Great team player
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing environments
If this sounds like something you would like to become part of please apply through Seek, attaching a cover letter and CV, by Friday 30 October 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?