Senior Packaging Technologist
Advertiser: Carman's Fine FoodsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Carman's has been a delicious labor of love for over 27 years, growing across multiple channels with breakfast and snacking portfolio's in both domestic and international markets. A great success story, Carman's is a 100% Australian owned business that manufactures all products locally.
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and experienced Packaging Technologist to build Carman’s long-term packaging innovation funnel and support packaging specific projects through the supply chain. Reporting to the GM – Quality and Supply the role will sit within the quality team and have a close working relationship with the Marketing and Innovation team.
The core responsibilities of this role are:
• Develop the Recycle Ready Roadmap working with existing suppliers and technical partners
• Provide recommendations on how to mitigate cost with materials and how they are managed in the supply chain
• Work on solutions for problems in existing range to improve performance of packaging
• Work in partnership with the product development team where new formats or materials are being considered on projects.
• Lead the packaging requirements for major projects in the business such as transition to new equipment and large-scale capital upgrades
• Reporting within the packaging covenant responsibilities
• Packaging innovation – thought leadership for future advancing packaging opportunities within planning
• Work with co manufacturing partners to optimise existing and future packaging capabilities
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Regulatory environment experience – Packaging Covenant and Food Standards Code
• Strong technical understanding of packaging materials, functional properties and innovation
• Experience working as a packaging technologist in the FMCG industry sector, experience with flexible films, pouches and paperboard
• Regularly and collaboratively engage with internal stakeholders
• Ensure delivery to Carman’s brand standards
• Clearly define, articulate and manage guidelines for packaging structure choices
• Manage relationships through the supply chain and with relevant agencies
• Identification of efficiency opportunities in how packaging materials and the printing process is managed
• Ability to project manage and highly IT literate
• Focus on consistency, follow through and attention to detail
As an active team member of Quality and broader Carman’s business, it’s a very exciting time to be a part of the Carman's family, you will be supported by our flexible ways of working, great people and many non-financial benefits. For more information about Carman's, go to www.carmanskitchen.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?