Administration / Reception
Advertiser: Presmed AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the business
Presmed Australia is one of the leading healthcare companies in Australia, specialising in the establishment and management of surgical day hospitals. Presmed facilities include Chatswood Private Hospital, Central Coast Day Hospital, Epping Surgery Centre and Madison Day Surgery.
We are looking for a friendly and caring person to join the administration team at Chatswood Private Hospital.
Chatswood Private Hospital (CPH) is Sydney's only dedicated private hospital for specialist surgical procedures of the eye, ear, nose and throat. We have six operating theatres, and one laser procedure room. The hospital is a centre of excellence for Ophthalmic, ENT, Dental and Facial Surgeries.
We value our employees and provide them with an opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Data entry of patient details and the generation of medical records
- Checking patients financial eligibility and consents prior to admission
- Administrative admission and discharge of patients on the day of surgery
- Liaising with nursing staff, medical officers and their consulting rooms
- Reception duties and customer service
- Varied duties on a day to day basis
Skills and Experience
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Excellent reception / administration skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional presentation
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A considerate and mature attitude
- Flexibility to fill various 8 hour shifts, over 2-3 days per week, covering the hours from 6am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
- Must be flexible to cover sick leave and holiday leave
- Previous experience in a hospital/medical environment
- Experience in SIMDAY or similar patient administration software.
A current 'Working with Children check' is required for this position.
- Less than 10 minute walk from Chatswood station
- No weekend work required
- Opportunity for career progression
- Sydney's only dedicated private hospital for specialist surgical procedures
- Work with a large range of different surgeons and doctors to build your network and career
- Staff celebrations including monthly birthdays, team milestones and regular celebrations
- Large volume of optional further education available through a dedicated staff website, CPD website, staff training days and conferences run by CPH and the parent company PresMed Australia
- High patient satisfaction feedback rating
- A new and purpose built of specialist surgery.
Please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria and why you would like to work for Chatswood Private Hospital.
For more information, please contact Jo Brown on 02 9413 4822.
Chatswood Private Hospital is a part of the Presmed Australia Group (PMA) of Hospitals, a leading healthcare company that specialises in the establishment and management of private day hospitals. PMA is known for high standards and exceptional levels of healthcare services. Please visit www.presmed.com.au for more information.
Only those shortlisted will be responded to
Please no recruitment agencies
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Are you available to work school holidays?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?