Advertiser: Genesis Christian College3.75 out of 53.8 overall rating (4 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
- Attractive benefits including 11.25% super
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Genesis Christian College provides high quality education that develops a passion for lifelong learning, Christian character and a desire to serve God in the wider community. We deliver innovative, relevant education that develops personal excellence and school pride within a safe Christ-centered environment. Our modern, well equipped campus is located on the north side of Brisbane with an enrolment of over 1500 students from Prep to Year 12.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced HR Officer to support the Director of HR with the provision of high-quality HR administration, support and advice for the College and its subsidiary businesses.
Reporting to the Director of HR, this position will be responsible for the HR function throughout all employee lifecycle stages including recruitment, onboarding, record keeping and separation. This will include end-to-end recruitment, drafting employment correspondence including contracts, variations and letters, providing HR support and advice on policies and procedures, interpretation of the EA and awards and all facets of HR administration.
To be successful, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Human Resources, and/or Industrial Relations or a combination of qualifications and relevant experience
- Intermediate word and excel or higher
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a generalist HR role
- Experience within the education industry would be desirable
- A valid Blue Card or eligbility
- Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomatic verbal and written communication capabilities
- High level emotional intelligence
- Understanding of contemporary Human Resources issues and trends
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and ability to interpret Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- An active Christian faith and strong Christian character
In addition, the successful candidate will be reliable, flexible, professional and have a proactive approach to work. You will need to be a problem solver and have strong decision-making aptitude; be able to maintain discretion at all times and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
This position is Part Time (Tues, Wed, Thurs – with opportunity to increase to 4 days), 8.00am – 4.00pm, and incorporates work during Term Time and some school holiday periods. This position is available for an immediate start.
We recognise employee contribution through:
- A highly supportive, Christian workplace culture
- State of the art facilities including a brand new STEM building
- Annual pay increases in line with the Enterprise Agreement
- Opportunities for positions of additional responsibility
- 11.25% superannuation.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the Knowledge and Skill requirements, including your Christian cultural fit
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A written Pastor’s reference
- The names and contact details of two professional referees
Applications close Friday 6 November 2020. For further information or questions, please phone 07 3882 9000.