Assistant AccountantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
We are a growing SME in the FMCG food industry working with international suppliers and Australasian customers. Our passionate and committed team have allowed our company to move from strength to strength in a highly competitive industry.
An outstanding opportunity is now available for a trusted and ambitious Assistant Accountant, who will provide support to the Head of Finance and the team in a broad range of tasks.
We provide a supportive environment, a culture we are proud of and sound employee benefits. Our values are Humble, Hungry and Smart and we want our staff to be the best we can be.
Some of the tasks that will be undertaken are as follows:
- Bank reconciliations
- Month end reporting, including balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations, journals and variance analysis
- Shipment cost processing
- Preparation of FBT
- Preparation of BAS
- IT co-ordination – and back up - liaise with external IT support when required
- Liaising with Auditors
- Ad hoc duties as required including some accounts payable and receivable functions as well as a back-up for our Accounts officer.
You will be degree qualified and have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Your experience with the Microsoft Office suite and ERP systems are essential, but in addition you must have a strong Excel experience in creating models and templates.
You need to be able to have confidence liaising with external parties, both domestic and international and the ability to develop within the role. A high level of trust and reliability with strong value for confidentiality is essential.
To be considered for this role, we are also looking for candidates who have:
- An eagerness to learn as this is a hands-on-role
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Good work ethic, approachable and friendly
- Trustworthy, thorough, and focused
- The ability to multi-task and time-manage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with importing and foreign currencies (an advantage but not essential).
This is a great opportunity for you to develop your career in Accounting in a medium-sized company, where you will have exposure to all facets of the business. The successful applicant will be joining an enthusiastic team in a positive and supportive work environment in a company that continues to grow.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that only short-list candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?