Information Technology Technician
Advertiser: The Hamilton and Alexandra CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Horsham & Grampians
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
The Hamilton and Alexandra College is a leading regional, independent, co-educational, day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12.
The school has a rich history of strong academic accomplishment matched with connectedness in life.
The College has 500 students from ELC to Year 12, 70 staff, world class facilities and a friendly and connected school community.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN
A permanent, full-time Information Technology Technician position is available, commencing in January 2021.
Duties of the successful applicant will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Installation, assembly and configuration of computers, imaging of computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
- Troubleshooting problems with computer systems, including hardware and software, E-mail, network, and other equipment problems and carry out repairs where appropriate.
- To install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments where instructed.
- Work with suppliers to organise for repairs under warranty or insurance.
- Provide technical support and assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data; facilitate exchange of information and advice; implement and document solutions as required.
- Assist with the instruction of staff and students in the use of standard business, educational and administrative software, including Microsoft and Macintosh Operating Systems and applications including, Microsoft365, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.
- Assist with the planning, design, research, and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications, as necessary.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Head of ICT/Systems Administrator.
The successful applicant will be required to address the following criteria:
- Work efficiently and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Capable of working unsupervised.
- Able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures.
- Organising own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical time deadlines.
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, superiors, students, the public, representatives of public and private organisations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
- A willingness to keep up to date with technological developments.
- Knowledge of PC computer hardware, software, and peripherals such as central processing units, servers, monitors, cables, network systems, interactive LED boards, projectors, printers, and scanners.
- Functions, operations, and technology related to financial, business, and administrative applications and related hardware and software.
- Current technology related to applications, networks and telecommunications and the equipment and software required to maximise system support.
- Procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, and repairing applicable software, hardware, and peripherals.
- Principles and practices of both hardware and software related to the establishment and maintenance of LAN’s and WAN’s.
- Techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft products and services including, but not limited to:
- Windows Server
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Skype for Business
- Knowledge of Network Infrastructure including Wireless Access Points, Switches, VLAN’s, Routers, Firewalls, Gateways, IPv4 addressing schemes would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of a school-based Learning Management System.
- Hold a current driver’s license.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant should have attained a Certificate IV or higher in Information Technology. It would be preferred the applicant also has a current technical industry certification in the Information Technology field. However, a candidate who has industry experience, but no qualification would also be encouraged to apply. Programming experience would also be desirable.
Applications must include curriculum vitae and day and after-hours contact details of three professional referees.
Address applications to: Business Manager
Email to: email@example.com
Due date: 4pm on Thursday 12 November.
For more information about The Hamilton and Alexandra College, please visit www.hamiltoncollege.vic.edu.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How would you rate your English language skills?