Contract and Procurement Managers - Various Locations
Advertiser: Providence Consulting GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Other
As part of the government’s efforts to continue to support the economy we have been advised that strong demand for contract and procurement managers will continue. Come and have a chat with us about your skills and experience where we can advise you of opportunities now or in the future. Locations we are looking to recruit include Canberra, Adelaide, Sydney, Perth and Melbourne
Role requirements may include (depending on level)
- Manage both simple and complex procurements and/or contracts in a Government environment
- Formulate direction and advice, manage change, and lead and influence both internal and external stakeholders in procurement and/or contract management
- Establish best practice in procurement or contract management processes, policies and procedures within an organisation
- Support projects through contractual negotiations, risks and issues
- Undertake financial analysis and/or develop costing models related to the procurement activity
- Achieve project outcomes by using highly developed communication, negotiation, persuasion and interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with project stakeholders, staff and other contractors at all levels
The ideal candidate (dependent on level) will have:
- Experience working as a practising contracts or procurement specialist
- Ability to work under broad direction, and self-driven to achieve procurement and contractual outcomes.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understand the relationship between the project or initiative and its contractual or procurement objectives within the wider business context.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- NV1 security clearance preferred
- Qualifications in procurement and/or contracts management or a related discipline (desirable)
- Defence experience, or knowledge of Defence processes (eg. ASDEFCON, CPRs, PGPA Act)
Providence is a progressive company that delivers end to end consultancy services to Government and corporate organisations. You will have the opportunity to be part of a solutions-oriented team making a difference within important and interesting projects.
Providence is committed to establishing themselves as an employer of choice by supporting and engaging their people. You will have access to a comprehensive professional development program and ongoing activities to maintain learning and growth. We aim to work hard and have fun within an inclusive and dynamic environment.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience and skills would be suited to the role.
For further information regarding these positions please email email@example.com . Please note that applications must be submitted via Providence’s online recruitment system, emailed applications and resumes will not be accepted.
You must be an Australian citizen and will possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a minimum NV1 security clearance or above.
Providence is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.