Advertiser: Canberra Veterinary Emergency ServiceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- $20 - $25 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Receptionists
Permanent Part Time Veterinary Receptionist
Canberra Veterinary Emergency Service
- Permanent Part Time position
- $20-$25/hr dependant on experience plus loading
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience required for all applicants
CVES has a fantastic opportunity for a receptionist to join our growing team. Canberra Veterinary Emergency Service is an after-hours service, operating weeknights from 6pm to 8am and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.
This is a permanent part-time role. Working hours are rostered from 5:30pm weeknights and split between 2 shifts on weekends and public holidays, some morning reception coverage will be required. The working hours can be up to 25-36 hours per week, but may be less depending on demand. Working hours can be negotiated and discussed in further detail with interested candidates.
We are a cohesive, supportive team who help each other and ensure the best outcome for our patients. We care about the members of our team, about the direction of their career progression, about managing their fatigue levels and about ensuring we all have a good work life balance, so our job is rewarding and compliments our home life.
Our ideal candidate:
We are looking for someone who can tick the following boxes:
- Exceptional customer service skills and emotional intelligence
- 3+ years customer service experience
- Previous experience working as a Receptionist is a must;
- Experience working in the Veterinary Industry (preferred but not essential);
- Excellent time management and the ability to remain professional and calm at all times even under stressful situations
- Computer literacy, accurate data entry and office skills
- Is self-motivated and proactive in completing tasks, achieving results with minimal direction and supervision
- Punctuality and reliability
- The ability and confidence to handle many types of small animals and wildlife
- A team-player who is willing to make a long-term commitment to the role
About the Role:
The reception role is one of the most important roles we have. As a receptionist at our busy emergency clinic, you will be the “face” and “voice” of the clinic to our clients as well as our referring veterinarians. Internally, you’ll be liaising with nurses, veterinarians and management.
A key part of the job is managing the waiting room. As we are an Emergency clinic, emotions can run high and triage skills are a must to ensure the best patient care outcomes.
Benefits of working at CVES:
- The workload is busy, challenging and varied.
- We have excellent, modern facilities and we’re in an excellent location with a major shopping centre a short walk away.
- Team work is highly valued – you’ll be working with an excellent team of people with an importance placed on having a wonderful staff culture
- Remuneration is above-award according to qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Applications should be via email (not via SEEK), addressed to our Reception Manager, Claire, firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the following selection criteria:
- Please tell us about a time that you assisted a client during a difficult situation. Elaborate the approach used, your role and the positive outcomes achieved.
- Please tell us about a time you experienced conflict in your workplace / team. Elaborate on what the situation was, the approach taken to resolve the conflict and the positive outcome achieved.
Applications from recruitment or employment agencies are not being accepted for this position.
- This role is open to anyone with unrestricted working rights for Australia.
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted if successful through initial screening.
- The advert will be removed at any time if the successful candidate is found.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
- Do you have customer service experience?