Trainee Human Resource Administrator
Advertiser: Thrive HouseMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
About the business
Thrive House is a residential service providing high quality care. The service is client centric, with the belief that every person has a right to safe, secure and caring environment in which to grow. THRIVE House began as a dream of Joel, and Bernadette, who strive to provide healthy and happy 'forever homes'. Thrive House aim to be a point of difference in the community, raising the bar and setting the standard of service provided in this sector. We are driven by our Values, Vision and Mission.
- Value: Integrity. Honesty. Value driven life style. To make a positive change for a better future
- Vision: Community united – together we can achieve greatness
- Mission: To walk with the client through every journey.
About the role
Thrive House works to support young people in out of home care as well as adults and young people who have a disability.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an energetic, dynamic person with a high level of administrative skills who is passionate about supporting our participants to be active and inclusive in their communities.
This role has a generalist HR administrative focus supporting all aspects of HR including (but not limited to): training and compliance registers, records and filling, and general HR maintenance of employee data.
- Preparing and auditing staff files on a regular basis.
- Shredding of confidential data and archiving.
- Assisting the HR Officer organise and oversee employment paperwork.
- Organising interviews and exit interviews.
- Reference checking candidates.
- Manage operational registers including Blue/Yellow Card, Licensed Care Services, Drivers' License, Visa and Training Registers. Ensure all employees, students and volunteers have current Licenses and monitor the database to ensure expiry dates are captured and renewals are sent out accordingly.
- Assist the HR Officer to collect and organise Annual Appraisal Plans in conjunction with Area Managers and ensure these are recorded through the appropriate channels.
- Maintain strict confidentiality relating to a broad range of complex and often sensitive human resource/people management related cases
- Administer and Participate in other employment functions, human resources related operations and other ad hoc tasks as required
Benefits and perks
- Professional and supportive team environment
- Opportunity to gain a formal Certificate in Business or Business Administration
- Diverse role with scope to grow and develop within the role
Skills and experience
- Commitment to undertake a Certificate III in Business or Business Administration.
- Have a genuine interest in the field of Human Resources/People Management.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good computing skills with expertise in Microsoft programs including word and excel.
- Excellent phone manner and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confidence and capability in using systems and technology.
- Hold a Current 'C' class Driver's License.
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Blue Card issued by the Queensland Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian.
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for an Application for Suitability Check by the Queensland Department of Child Safety.
- Immunisations for Hepatitis A & B (desireable)
- Bring fun to the workplace!
Please note previous applicants and those with qualifications above a certificate level need not apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?