Sport Events Administrator
Advertiser: Surf Life Saving NSW4.25 out of 54.3 overall rating (4 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Surf Life Saving New South Wales is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a highly respected and iconic Australian organisation.
The purpose of this role is to contribute towards the successful delivery of Surf Sports events through effective administration, logistics coordination and onsite support of SLSNSW sports.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
Operational and administrative support to sports events and programs
- Event administration such as the special event application process, competitor compliance checks, referee packs, data entry, event communications, entries, draws and results
- Assist with post event surveys and infographics
- On the ground support at events and programs
Vendors area coordination at major championships
- Coordinate vendors applications and the administration relating to vendors and suppliers for events
Official’s support and administration
- Administer national officiating accreditation within set guidelines
- Assist with member enquiries
- Assist the Sports Manager with the administration of the official’s appointments process and the coordination of the Officials
- Assist with reviewing the website and other electronic platforms
- Produce timely, accurate reports and meeting minutes
- Prepare monthly Sport Updates and other communications as required.
Essential skills required
- Excellent administration and organisational abilities
- Able to work in an outdoor and office environment
- Physical fitness to undertake reasonable physical tasks and manual handling required during events
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office) at an intermediate to advanced level
- Strong communication skills including email correspondence and written work
- Flexible and resilient approach
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
- Strong Interpersonal skills, ability to work, engage and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work within and understand the value of being part of a team
- Professional and positive manner with excellent personal presentation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Current driver’s licence
- Ability to undertake travel as required and flexible approach to work hours – must be willing to work weekends as required.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary packaging options
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation.
Closing Date: 29 October 2020
Position: Full time 6-month contract role
How to apply
- Visit our website - www.surflifesaving.com.au/get-involved/work-for-us
- Send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter (no more than 3 pages)
- Review the position description and include a written response to the selection criteria (no more than 3 pages)
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held following the closing date.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?