Advertiser: TNT Express3.1473 out of 53.1 overall rating (292 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Process Engineering
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25th May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Planning & Engineering Team.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia and will be based at TNT's Matraville Depot.
Develop and support the improvement of current processes and programming tools involved in our customs clearence operations. Support the business to achieve objectives to ensure service and operations excellence, increase revenue and enhance customer experience to meet TNT & FedEx productivity and service goals. Reporting into our Planning & Engineering manager based in Malaysia, you will:
- Support business operations, develop measurements for clearance performance, in-process monitoring and process efficiency
- Assess and review the clearance process with the objective to stay compliant with regulatory requirements in order to minimize risks and protect FedEx’s interests
- Analyse clearance data to improve process efficiency and drive down the clearance cost
- Coordinate with APAC Clearance Operations to collect information for regulatory updates
- Collaborate with Operations and P&E to plan and coordinate implementation of corporate projects
- Coordinate with Operations Solution team on the development of next generation Global Clearance system
- Develop and review volume forecast, manpower and operating plans to attain service and productivity goals.
- Interpret data on historical trends of staffing, conduct operational and cost impact analysis for new programs/services and market/operational expansion
- Identify needs, develop and implement contingency plans within the service areas for crisis management or long-term usage in order to minimise risks, costs and operational impact to APAC operations and protect FedEx’s employees and properties.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Background in customs clearance or importing and exporting
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and planning skills
- Relevant computer modelling skills preferred
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all level
In addition to the essential experience, the following traits are desirable:
- Intermediate to advance Excel
- Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- Commitment to the Purple Promise ‘I will make every FedEx experience outstanding’
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employee’s well-being and value their contributions to our company
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.