Operations - Fixed Income Trade Support - Associate
Advertiser: JP Morgan3.5208 out of 53.5 overall rating (48 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Other
The Fixed Income Middle Office supports the Cash & Repo/Financing, SPG & CIO businesses in Australia & New Zealand. We are seeking a Trade Support Analyst to be responsible for managing the trader and sales work flow within a dynamic and deadline driven trade floor environment. You will liaise directly with front office, traders and sales staff to assist them in managing the transaction lifecycle, resolve queries and produce reports. Applicants must be able to constantly review the changing workflow model to ensure maximum efficiency in terms or process whilst maintaining strong controls and governance
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing daily settlements – Exigo, NZClear and Euroclear and supporting the money market desk - RITS
- Providing trading support - handling the transaction lifecycle of bonds and repos across the sales and trader workflow
- Investigating and resolving reconciliation breaks between systems and ensuring review of breaks. Must be able to implement processes to prevent re-occurance and ensure disseminated regionally and globally if applicable.
- Daily / weekly / monthly KPI reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to implement process improvements to improve efficiency, governance and controls through thorough process reviews
- Ensure reporting metrics are created to ensure senior stakeholders aware of all potential issues and highlight possibilities for strategic review of processes.
- Ensuring daily controls are adhered to including regulatory reporting as well as leading annual audit review of workflow with external auditor
To be successful, you will need:
- Finance degree or tertiary qualification is desirable
- Minimum five years experience in financial services within a trading or middle office environment
- Strong control mind-set
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, use initiative and to improve processes