Advertiser: Ocean Grown Abalone LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Bunbury & South West
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Ocean Grown Abalone is an ASX listed company (ASX:OGA) who has developed the world's first commercial abalone ranching business in the Augusta region of Western Australia.
The Company is dedicated to commercialising ocean ranching of abalone in Australia in support of the belief that the future growth of abalone aquaculture in Australia is in the ocean. Flinders Bay, where the two oceans, the Southern and the Indian Oceans meet, provides the perfect location for abalone to grow and thrive on reefs placed on the seabed.
In 2019, the Company completed the construction of a purpose built and designed seafood processing and storage facility which is located at the Augusta Boat Harbour. The convenient location of the facility is right on the water, and abalone is transported direct from the ocean, processed and transported to Australian and international markets.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Administration Assistant to join the team in Augusta.
The role will primarily provide administrative support across a varied range of finance, human resources and operational functions, including;
- Administration assistance for the Augusta processing facility, including processing, production and harvesting records.
- Preparation of transportation and export documentation, packaging and labelling.
- Maintaining contractor, service and maintenance records, including monitoring and arranging equipment calibration.
- Human Resource documentation, including rosters and time/wages records.
- Assist in planning and performing cyclical stocktakes and general stock control.
- Liaising with the Perth based finance team to provide accurate and timely accounts related documents.
- Processing and recording sales transactions and organising freight.
- Preparation of correspondence, reports, data and file management as required.
The role will also be involved in arranging and conducting tours of the processing facility providing to guests and visitors with information about the history, innovation and growth of the Company.
The role will be performed based on approximately 0.5 of a FTE, with some flexibility around the make up of the part time days / hours.
We are seeking applications from candidates with a strong administration and office all-rounder background, who enjoy the working relationships and diversity of duties associated with a small business environment.
Previous experience, skills and attributes will include;
- An advanced working knowledge and application of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and accounting software.
- An excellent working knowledge of office practices, including the use of purchase orders, account payable and associated functions.
- A good working knowledge of Australian export requirements.
- The ability to work independently, monitoring own work load and deadlines.
- A positive and professional manner.
Our ideal candidate will also have written or spoken Chinese skills, or a good understanding of Chinese culture and customs.
This role offers a fantastic work environment based at the Augusta Processing Facility, along with an attractive salary commensurate with skills and experience. The role will be employed on a part time basis.
To express your interest in this opportunity, please submit a brief introductory covering letter and CV by following the "APPLY NOW” prompts.
The Company will only consider candidates who have unrestricted eligibility to work in Australia.
www.oceangrown.com.au [link removed]
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.