Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant
Advertiser: Oxford Partners LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
We are a progressive legal firm located in Melbourne's CBD seeking a full-time legal secretary/administrative assistant to attend to general office/reception duties and provide assistance to our lawyers in the areas of Family Law, Criminal Law, Business and Commercial Law and Civil/Commercial Litigation.
You will need to be a highly organised, confident and out-going person who is able to coordinate and prioritise your tasks and be willing to assist wherever necessary in the office.
Ideally you would have some experience in the legal profession, however our first priority is someone who is highly motivated, has a great attitude and strong willingness to learn with a view to progress into an intermediate role. We welcome any entry-level candidates to apply as there are opportunities for training and advancement. Law graduates are encouraged to apply.
Office and reception duties include:
- Reception and answering calls;
- Attending to client's and meeting rooms;
- Kitchen management;
- Mail collection and distribution;
- Organising couriers; and
- Out of office tasks.
Secretarial duties include:
- Assisting lawyers and legal secretaries wherever necessary;
- Word processing and Dictaphone transcribing;
- General administrative tasks;
- Collating client briefs for Counsel;
- Filing, photocopying and scanning; and
- Diary and file management, including archiving of files.
The successful candidate should have:
- Organisational skills;
- Pleasant and professional outlook;
- Enthusiasm and honesty;
- Excellent communication skills and a professional phone manner; and
- Some knowledge of Word, Leap and Outlook would be beneficial.
Please submit your resume directly through Seek