Advertiser: The Salvation Army3.6306 out of 53.6 overall rating (379 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Other
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
We are currently seeking a values-driver and proactive Ministry Assistant to serve the people of the community and beyond, to see people saved, served and discipled. Additionally, the role works with the Darwin Corps Officer to deliver the mission of The Salvation Army Darwin Corps through development and facilitation of community engagement, external ministries and other activities, in an integrated environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Corps Officer to develop and implement Corps community programs, faith pathways, and outreach activities within the community, with a strong focus on youth and children's initiatives.
- Ensuring the Corps fundraising goals are achieved through the participation in fundraising activities.
- The delivery of pastoral care and discipleship activities in consultation with the Corps Officer.
This position is located at the Darwin Corps, Anula, Northern Territory.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members.
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates.
- Supportive and encouraging organisation.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
- Extensive, demonstrated previous experience working in a similar role.
- Experience and resilience in working in complex and at times challenging environments.
- Ability to encourage and cooperate with others to achieve common goals
- Acknowledgement and responsiveness to diversity of experiences, perspectives, values and beliefs
- A current drivers licence.
- Be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in Australia.
The Salvation Army embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background.
POSITION DESCRIPTION and ENQUIRIES
For a copy of the position description or for all enquiries please contact Major Kim Hawke at
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the well being of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.