Digital Content Producer/ Journalist
Advertiser: REIQMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
About the role
The REIQ (Real Estate Institute of Queensland) is looking for a Digital Content Producer/Journalist to join its editorial team.
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, you will play an instrumental role in the REIQ’s digital transformation, cementing our position as the industry’s most trusted source for Queensland real estate and property information.
Your responsibilities will include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, analysing and interpreting data, conducting interviews and – most importantly - writing engaging and informative articles for our online news platform.
We want our online news and content to be of high quality, so ideally, you’ll have three + years’ experience as a digital journalist or digital content writer.
Although you’ll be given direction via a content plan, the ability to generate article ideas from the research and data you will be analysing is integral to this role.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver high-quality, timely articles that appeal to our audiences and boost brand awareness.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Complete high quality copy decks with content for web articles, email content and social media content with a quick-turnaround
- Leverage data and liaise with our data partners to provide in-depth coverage of property market insights impacting our many different target audiences
- Produce content for webinars, Facebook Lives and other digital content platforms
- Submit work to the Senior Content Producer for input and approval prior to publication
- Liaise with the Media and Communications Co-ordinator to assign images, schedule posts on social media and prioritise items for placement in our newsletters
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines and tagging to increase web traffic
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure writing and tone consistency and adherence to the REIQ style guide and voice and is optimised for web
- Three+ years’ experience as a digital journalist or editorial content writer (property, economics or finance space is preferred)
- Experienced at researching, using multiple sources
- Excellent writing and editing skills for web
- Experience with or an ability to learn Content Management Systems
- Experience writing for web (experience with SEO is also preferred)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain the reputation of the REIQ when interviewing stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism or communications
- Interest in real estate an advantage
It’s an exciting time at the REIQ, so if you’re interested in stretching your digital journalism skills further, while learning the ins and outs of the real estate industry, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply via this platform including a covering letter, a copy of your current resume and a portfolio of your published work, addressed to the Senior Content Producer.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?