Learning Support Assistants/ Teachers Aides
Advertiser: Maitland Christian SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
About the School
We have an exciting vision for our school! Have a look here at: https://www.maitlandcs.nsw.edu.au/our-story/
Maitland Christian School is a growing School of 500 students from Prep to year 12. With a newly released strategic plan for the next 5 years and a master plan to see our School launch into the next decade we are looking for staff to join the team who are excited for the future.
About the role
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Learning Assistants for the positions of Learning Support Assistants/ Teachers Aides.
There is a full-time equivalent role commencing in Term One 2021 at Arise Christian College and one part time role at Maitland Christian School. APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT: https://www.maitlandcs.nsw.edu.au/contact-us/employment/
Benefits and perks
Maitland is a fantastic place to work! Located a 45 minute drive from the beaches of Newcastle and close to the gorgeous Hunter Valley our School is perfectly positioned for those who are looking to move to take on a new role and live a better life in an affordable area. There are excellent opportunities for personal growth at the School with an opportunity to make a real difference.
Skills and experience
- A committed christian actively involved in their local church.
- Special Education training and or experience as a Learning Assistant or
Teachers Aide desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of the social and educational needs of students with
Autism, Intellectual Disability, and other disorders that impact on learning.
- Implementation of IEP's
- Knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and the Disability
Standards for Education 2005.
- Experience working with students with Autism or a Mental Health Disorder.
- Applicants should be suitably qualified with a passion for quality Christian education whilst displaying a heart for young people to reach their God given potential.
- A missional focus that would blend with the strategic goals of Maitland Christian School.
- Exemplary pastoral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute to a strengths-based educational framework, presenting
an integrated Christian worldview.
- Established ability to develop productive, stimulating, and inclusive learning environments.
- Passion, heart and capacity to make a difference in young people's lives.
- Living out a strong bible based faith in line with the School's foundational beliefs.