IT Support Officer
Advertiser: United Workers UnionMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
United Workers Union
We are seeking a motivated IT Support Officer based in our Sydney office and servicing Parramatta and Canberra. The ideal candidate must have a broad knowledge across a range of diverse systems and equally a positive attitude and a willingness to assist end users. You will be required to clearly and concisely communicate solutions across various mechanisms to stakeholders. Occasionally, you will be required to travel to other states to provide support or assist with project roll outs, on a short-term basis.
About United Workers’ Union
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
The United Workers Union is proudly affiliated with the Australian Labor Party.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Action technical support queries for United Workers Redfern, Paramatta and Canberra Offices
- Action National technical support queries, provide solutions or escalate when required
- Contribute to a technical solutions database, create and maintain documentation
Devices – Applications
- Provide end user support and training for computers, devices, printers, communications and applications
- Install, configure, deploy and maintain Windows desktops, laptops and devices
- Maintain a mobile phone fleet
- Provide support for Microsoft Office 365 and baseline Union applications
- Maintain and assist in the use of Video Conference and AV equipment
- Create and maintain accounts in Active Directory and other platforms
- Create mailboxes, modify email lists and troubleshoot low level issues
- Assist with troubleshooting networking issues
- Assist with server hardware installation and monitoring
- Maintain routine backups and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain file and print services and troubleshoot issues
- Apply updates to servers/applications when required
The successful applicant will ensure that the Union’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion are upheld and promoted.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant IT Microsoft certification and tertiary qualification or TAFE qualification
- More than three years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical solutions to a diverse range of end users
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and troubleshooting user accounts within Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience in setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows 10 PCs
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and simple troubleshooting of email accounts within Office 365.
- Demonstrated experience working with backup, print and windows file server management
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting technical hardware, printer and software issues
- Demonstrated experience in modern Microsoft productivity tools, particularly within the Microsoft Office Suite. Teams, One Drive and SharePoint.
- Good understanding of networking including TCP/IP and DNS
- Positive attitude and dedication to assisting others with technical solutions
- Work well independently and productively within a small team
- Interested in learning new technologies
- Willingness to travel to other offices in Australia when required
- Willingness to assist with the occasional weekend project roll out
- Sophos Antivirus systems
- Understanding of Hyper-V and guest virtual server environments
- Meraki Wi-Fi networks
- HP Aruba/Procurve network switches
To perform this job, you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- A valid driver’s licence
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
- 16% superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave with an additional 25% leave loading
Enquires about the position may be directed to ITJobs@unitedworkers.org.au.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?