Administrative Assistant - Student Services
Advertiser: Oran Park Anglican CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Administrative Assistant – Student Services
Oran Park Anglican College is a co-educational College catering for over 900 students Prep –Year 12 in 2021. The College is seeking a motivated, reliable and professional person to join our Administration team. Applicants must be able to support the College’s Christian values and have a high level of comfort with change and be flexible and willing to be involved in a range of activities.
The Administrative Assistant will provide clerical and first aid support for Student Services to ensure the smooth flow of day to day operations in a busy school office environment.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Principal through the Student Services Coordinator for:
- Creating a caring, positive and welcoming environment for students attending Student Services
- Provide administration support for the Student Reception
- Answer incoming telephone calls, handle parent requests/concerns, transfer to relevant staff members and take messages as required
- Update evacuation rolls to Student Services and Parent Reception
- Review rolls and assist with attendance maintenance, in collaboration with Parent Reception
- Manage event bookings procedures including; booking events, invoice processing, transport, permission notes
- Manage excursion administration including, entering details onto Edumate, uploading onto parent portal, permission status,
- Provide administration support with sporting events, including; liaising with Councils, data entry MISA/IPSSO teams in Edumate, organising of permission notes, organising of transport,
- Managing OPAL Cards (top up balance) – in collaboration with Finance Team
- Manage the allocation and record keeping of student lockers. Pass information to Accounts (to be invoiced to parents/carers)
- Assist with the planning and set up of events as required
- Assist with administration of prescribed medication to students, which is supplied by parents/guardians
- Entering of College Awards onto the Edumate System
- Assist with the set-up of the Library System (Junior / Secondary College)
- Assist with College first aid and supervision of students attending sick bay as required.
- Assist with restocking of excursion and sport first aid kits
- Work collaboratively with other staff to promote the College’s values: courage, curiosity, craftsmanship, collaboration and compassion.
- Provide administration support to the Front Office of the College when necessary
- Perform any duties as is required by the Principal or her nominees from time to time
The successful applicant must have a happy, welcoming and caring disposition with the ability to care for unwell and injured students and staff. Essential criteria for this role include;
- A committed Christian and an active member of a church.
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to the vision and mission of Oran Park Anglican College.
- Warm, welcoming and friendly personality able to empathise with members of the College community with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Computing skills including the use of internet and email and the ability to utilise MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as required.
- First Aid Certificate or a willingness to undertake First Aid training
Permanent Term Time – 9.00 am to 3.00 pm.
Term 1, 2021
Submitting an application
Applications will only be considered if the relevant “Application for employment – Non Teaching” form and Working with Children Check is completed and disclosed on your application.
In addition, please provide a supporting statement about your experience which demonstrates your ability to meet the essential criteria listed above.
The “Application for Employment – Non Teaching” form and link to the relevant Working with Children Check can found under the “Employment” tab of the College website.
Please forward your application marked “Private and Confidential” to:
Mrs Naomi Wilkins
Oran Park Anglican College
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (as one PDF)
Address: 60 Central Ave, ORAN PARK NSW 2570
Applications due 1 November 2020