Head Chef - The AlmaPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
The Alma is more than just a pub, it's a busy restaurant serving some of Adelaide's finest and most consistent meals, a meeting place for friends and family with great indoor and outdoor spaces, a spot to gather after work and relax and of course it's the place to be for entertainment and sporting events.
Featuring a table service restaurant, dedicated function room with private bar and balcony plus casual bar meal spaces and huge outdoor area; the Alma presents a wide range of cuisine and food service styles.
The applicant will benefit from working in a varied food production environment and the rare opportunity to lead the kitchen team in one of Adelaide’s premiere Hotels.
The successful candidate will:
- posses a love for food and passion to create interesting and unique dishes
- display a high standard of food plating and presentation in their work
- be knowledgeable of current and emerging food trends and be able to suggest new ideas
- have knowledge of various food cultures which appeal to the current market to showcase in their menus
- have completed an apprenticeship and hold a Trade Qualification as a Chef
- be a good leader, communicator, patient trainer and work calmly under pressure
- be well organised and prepared in their approach to food service
- have a strong knowledge of food safety requirements
- deliver exceptional hygiene and cleaning practices in their kitchen
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chef?
- Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
- Do you have experience with menu planning & costing?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What appeals to you about the Head Chef vacancy at the Alma Tavern?