Advertiser: Marine Inspection ServiceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Marine Inspection Service is structured to offer a wide range of Non-Destructive and Mechanical Testing Service. We provide services for a wide range of industries within Western Australia.
Our Laboratory is currently seeking an experienced Technician to join our staff and facilitate the testing services. This role will require you to be responsible for sample preparation and testing of materials within the Mechanical Testing Department located in Henderson Western Australia.
Successful applicants will be required to have a minimum of 2 years experience in a Laboratory environment, and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Polishing / Photography of Samples
- Chemical Etching of Samples
- Macrographic Examinations
- Tensile Testing
- Load Testing
- Bend Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Impact Testing
- Corrosion Testing
- Various other testing as directed by Management
The following attributes will be advantageous to candidates:
- Strong safety awareness and discipline
- A good standard of spoken and written English
- The ability to work unsupervised is essential
- Organizational Skills / Neat and Tidy
- Ability to communicate and work alongside colleagues
- Willingness to work overtime when required
Education and Experience
- Basic Metallurgical Knowledge
- Understanding of Chemistry and Physics
- Good Numeracy and Literacy Skills
Please apply through SEEK.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?