Advertiser: Metro Trains MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Other
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Position Purpose Statement
Reporting to the Change Implementation Manager, the Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying, documenting, planning and validating technical contents and business process mapping critical events associated with the Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) scope of works, as part of the Metro Tunnel Project (MTP). In this role, you will be required to conduct analysis, and support the business with preparing and validating business documentation to assess gaps between the “As Is” with the “To Be” states of play. About the role
You will be expected to engage with numerous key stakeholders across the RSA and MTP Portfolios and perform and number of functions dependent on the project requirements. Those functions and responsibilities will include:
• Develop appropriate documentation for the effective communication of technical information
• Develop presentation and documents for the effective communication on the operational & maintenance interface of Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) /Metro Tunnel Project (MTP)
• Interviewing RSA & Metro Trains (MTM) teams, and other key stakeholders to determine people related risks and issues
• Preparing a summative situational analysis for each RSA & MTM team
• Identifying and documenting required RSA & MTM documents to support engagement and communication around change
• Analysing existing RSA technical material as opportunities to develop knowledge
• Research available material for MTM courses
• Analyse existing RSA documentation to identify extrinsic needs
• Design and development of a change management dashboard to measure and monitor change resistance
• Consult and support the Training Teams such as the Instructional Designer and Technical Writer regarding training material delivery
• Support the implementation approved training including pilot training courses, and provide evaluation accordingly, survey and assist with reporting of surveys back to the Metro business on change
You will require the ability to quickly build rapport with key stakeholders, understand and analyse various requirements in a highly technical area and provide a variety of support functions. The following experience will be required to be successful in the position:
• Business/Engineering and/or have equivalent experience in large scale business transformation in a rail operations or delivery organisation.
• Experience in delivering dashboard reporting would be looked on favorably
• You have experience in the deployment of technology in a railway environment.
• You will also have a strong understanding from an engineering perspective of systems and technology process.
• Experience in developing business cases, requirements writing, developing traceability matrixes, with a complex landscape that require integration of real time and distributed software-based systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation industries.
• Ideally, you will also have experience integrating complex technical and interface issues in a 24/7 environment.
• Relevant qualifications and extensive experience in design and delivery of test strategies (end user experience) within the rail industry
• Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, codes of practise and regulatory requirements
• Experience delivering test strategies to multiple departments
• Experience within the rail industry – desirable
• Ability to analyse data, write and present reports, undertake and complete complex tasks
• Ability to participate in and support MTM Trains ongoing business improvement process
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.