New Procedures Author
Advertiser: Metro Trains MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Other
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Position Purpose Statement
About the role
Reporting to the Rail Safety & Control Specialist, the New Procedure Author will be Responsible for assisting in the facilitating of the MTM change management processes, developing changes to operating procedures and work instructions, consultation and engaging with key stakeholders as part of the change implementation for the RSA projects. Achieving project objectives through a smooth transition of the RSA project scope, implementation and full operation.
This position will require you to understand the functional requirements of the Metro Tunnel from maintenance, operations and service perspectives, then create a number of procedural documents to support staff working with the new technologies being implemented.
• Analyse the suit of MTM procedures to identify candidates for update based on the scope of RSA
• Facilitate the review and update of existing operational procedures and work instructions in consultation with key stakeholders.
• Facilitate the consultation with key internal and external stakeholders for the review and development of changes to existing operational procedures and work instructions as a result of the introduction of High Capacity Signaling (HCS) within the Metro network
• Coordinate through the URG and other SME’s to ensure that project programs and key milestone events are achieved.
• Prepare the necessary documentation required to articulate the change and secure sign off from the current procedure business owners
• Develop new procedures required to support the unique and novel solutions being implemented as part of this project
• Prepare high quality documentation suitable for sign off of key stakeholders
• Ensure that safety of the operating system is not compromised and promote a safety culture within the business.
• Support the development of change management documentation that will be subject to internal and external audit compliance inspections.
• Ensure alignment of key stakeholders expectations and objectives.
You will require the ability to analyse and work through the real life utilization of the systems being implemented to create clear and concise procedures and documentation. You will benefit from the following skills and experience:
• Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders groups.
• Proven experience in railway operations, maintenance or similar with a demonstrated understanding of how railway activities are integrated within an organisation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the MTM network, train operation procedures, train fleet, control systems, stations and customer services, infrastructure and associated systems of operation, signaling and safe working systems.
• Experience in developing and maintaining procedures and process documentation.
• Experience in developing Training Needs Analysis for audiences that require training on systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation or related industries.
• Relevant qualifications and experience in design and delivery of training within the rail industry.
• Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards & codes of practice.
• Experience delivering training strategies to multiple departments.
• Experience within the rail industry – desirable.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
• Ability to analyse data, write and present reports, undertake and complete complex tasks.
• Ability to participate in and support MTM Trains ongoing business improvement process.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.