Graduate Fire Safety Engineer
Advertiser: Warringtonfire Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Other
About the business
Warringtonfire has an opportunity for a Fire Safety Engineer to join our growing Perth team.
Warringtonfire is part of the Element Group. We provide our customers with a comprehensive range of independent fire testing, assessment, engineering and certification services from a network of accredited sites across the world – including in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Warringtonfire consulting provides fire safety engineering services for projects across the globe. We help ensure that building and infrastructure projects comply with current fire safety guidance in a cost-effective way. Using our extensive knowledge of fire safety engineering, combined with the latest research and modelling tools, our experienced engineers work with design teams to ensure that the design is right – first time, every time. Our experience on iconic projects around the world also means we are able to work with the relevant authorities to secure the necessary approvals and comply with both national and international design codes.
Our staff have an excellent reputation for integrity and providing the highest level of care and expertise on all our projects, no matter what the size or location.
- Undertake fire safety engineering analysis, fire and evacuation modelling, risk assessment and site visits / inspections under supervision to evaluate fire safety of buildings and infrastructure
- Prepare fire safety engineering briefs and fire safety engineering reports
- Positive client contact including design meetings, phone calls and other correspondence
- Liaise with clients and design teams and discuss / negotiate with the fire brigades and approval authorities
- Manage own time, quality and technical performance
- Understand and follow quality assurance (QA) procedures
- Contribute positively to an enjoyable and productive team environment, consistent with the values of Warringtonfire Australia
Benefits and perks
5 weeks annual leave
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to write clear and concise reports
- The ability to work within a team environment
- High levels of motivation, enthusiasm and flexibility
- National Construction Code – Building Code of Australia knowledge in fire safety
- Knowledge and proficiency with computer-based fire and evacuation models
- University engineering undergraduate degree or higher
- Be willing to undertake a Masters of Fire Safety Engineering within an appropriate time frame – if applicable
Please note to be considered for this position you will need to apply for it on our external Company Recruitment site:
(please copy and past above URL into your address bar to redirect you to our portal)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?