Registered Migration Agent or Graduate Legal Practitioner
Advertiser: Work Visa LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Oct 2020
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Legal, Generalists - Law Firm
About Work Visa Lawyers:
- Busy migration agency with range of clients seeking immigration advice under varying circumstances
- Current immigration policies and trends have resulted in an increased demand for immigration advice, especially in the areas of visa cancellations and appeals
- Opportunity for practical training and supervision from experienced Immigration Lawyers.
See business profile at workvisalawyers.com.au
Working closely with Principal Lawyer and RMA Chris Johnston, this position will undertake a range of migration matters such as:
- formulate advice for clients
- research legislation cases and precedents
- write and provide submissions to the Department of Home Affairs, and/or the Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Managing case work and clients
- Providing advice on migration matters
- Researching cases to provide clients with the most effective solution(s)
- Write submissions addressing issues such as Character, Family Violence, etc.
- Ability to deal effectively with relevant authorities including: skills assessing bodies, Immigration SA, the Department of Home Affairs
- Organised management of client files
- Current Australian registration as a Registered Migration Agent, or current Legal Practising Certificate.
- Excellent English writing and comprehension skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to empathise with and communicate effectively with clients.
- A genuine interest and commitment to working in the Australia immigration industry.
- Knowledge of Leap Migration Manager program.
- At least 1 year of experience as a RMA or working in Migration Law.
- Second language an advantage.
The position is offered at a 0.8 part-time basis (4 days a week), with a potential transition to a full-time role, subject to market conditions. There is the potential for flexibility of working hours/days for strong candidates.
Experience in the migration industry will be valued. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Please send your CV and a brief cover letter explaining your interest and experience to: email@example.com
Submit your application before 30th October 2020.